Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Storytelling

We all love a good story! And it doesn't have to be in the form of a full-length book, or movie for that matter. At the end of the day, all of our blog posts and every piece of marketing collateral tell a story. So, it's the role of the copywriter to convey as a compelling a story as possible. Regardless of how dry or technical the product may be, there is an interesting story to be revealed and a creative angle to be found...if you dig deep enough. That's my job, as I see it, to find what's unique and cool about any item I am hired to help promote, and then go for it! Extoll its value, how it improves a process or everyday life, why it saves money and time compared to the competition, and finally, the pitch for taking action and making the purchase. I love what I do, and I now realize why -- I fall in love with the story as it unfolds through research, interviews, and insights I get along the way. Is this really work? Of course it is, but having fun doing your work makes it rewarding on many levels. The best part being when people love your story, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment