Sunday, August 28, 2022

Writing as a Service

Most of you have heard of Software as a Service (SaaS), and then there's the more technical Network as a Service (NaaS). But why isn't anyone talking about Writing as a Service (WaaS)? With the proliferation of websites offering hudreds of writers for hire, it's actually an operational term although not officially called as such. I hereby coin the phrase.

While there are similarities between WaaS and other technology services, i.e. more efficient and more cost effective, the game for writers seems to be degrading rather than upgrading quality. I choose not to compete on such sites, where the lowest bid wins with no regard for experience and the time it takes to deliver a worldclass end result. Okay, so maybe worldclass is a stretch; but surely, quality still counts in some situations. Doesn't it?

I believe you can have it all...fast, high quality, and affordable writing. But not dirt cheap! Professional writers need to be fairly compensated for their expertise, just like any other field of endeavor. They're not a dime a dozen. It's not like an online auction for used clothing or furniture. It's a serious business that deserves serious consideration, and that includes pay. 

My secret to repeat business has always been quick turnaround, without sacrificing quality. Apply an hourly rate, and you win! After years of honing my craft, I can hit the ground running and wrap my mind around new, unfamiliar content in no time at all. My clients marvel how I am able to grasp technical information and write about a product "they" invented. It's become a sixth sense, hard to explain, nevertheless proven again and again. I cannot tell you how many times I've been called on to "fix" what a previous writer did not do correctly. As my website proclaims, Writing that Works. It just does!

Besides being a native New Yorker, where bragging is never an issue, I have certainly earned bragging rights at this stage of my career. So let's talk about your writing needs and get it done, now. No muss, no fuss, no long-term contracts. Plain old freelance writing (or WaaS) minus the bidding wars!

No comments:

Post a Comment